News, Volunteers | Leave a comment
LCNV’s Literacy Lines│Fall 2014 Newsletter is online now!
Prefer to receive by email? Sign up here.
In the pdf version, some articles may be abridged or omitted due to space limitations.
In this issue:
- Director’s Letter Fall 2014
- Thanks for Supporting LCNV at Acumen Solutions’ 2014 Race for a Cause!
- Volunteer Corner: Fall 2014 Update
- Tutor’s Corner: What’s Happening in Tutoring?
- Classroom Corner: Welcome 2014-2015 AmeriCorps Classroom Instructors!
- Donor Spotlight: Capital One Financial Corporation
- Volunteer Opportunities:
- Spread holiday cheer through one of LCNV’s gift wrapping events at local Barnes & Noble stores! Volunteers are needed to wrap customer purchases, talk about LCNV, and encourage donations. Participating locations are Potomac Yard, Seven Corners, and Tysons Corner. Each gift wrap shift generally lasts three to four hours. Dates begin as early as December 13 and go through December 24.
- The Student Special Fall 2014 (PDF): great resource for tutors and teachers, a LCNV produced reader for students
- Upcoming Events:
- Volunteer Orientation on Nov. 17 from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- LCNV Annual Holiday Potluck Party on Dec. 5 from 6-8 p.m.
- More Ways to Support LCNV Learners: Get a jump start on your holiday giving and shop LCNV’s Amazon.com wishlist. Purchase through the AmazonSmile Foundation site and a small percentage of all eligible purchase will benefit the charity of your choice, LCNV, all through the year. Find out more details about AmazonSmile.
- Bonus News: LCNV Volunteer Shares How Her RSVP-NoVA Membership Also Benefits LCNV
- Please sign up for the LCNV Constant Contact mailing list to ensure you continue to receive the newsletter and other LCNV updates electronically.