Thank you for another great yearDecember 30, 2015 at 11:00 AM | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
As 2015 comes to a close, all of us here at the Literacy Council of Northern Virginia (LCNV) would like to take a few moments to reflect on the last year, and to thank you for being a part of our wonderful community of learners, volunteers, donors, community partners, and supporters. Some of our notable accomplishments this year include:
- Added three new sites to our Family Learning Program
- Served over 1,500 learners
- LCNV volunteers provided over 30,000 hours of service
- Completed the pilot program for the Destination Workforce™ initiative, which delivers career-specific language and literacy training
- Awarded the Bank of America Neighborhood Builders Grant, which recognizes strong nonprofit organizations that provide essential services to their communities
- Featured in the 2015-2016 Catalogue of Philanthropy: Greater Washington as one of the region’s best community-based charities
- Board President Kitty Porterfield recognized by Volunteer Alexandria as Board Leader of the Year
We would also like to take this time to remind you that tax deductible donations are due by December 31st, so there is still time to make your year-end gift! Twenty-six percent of LCNV learners receive scholarships to pay their $60 class fee. Your donation can help cover their fees as well as offset the additional costs of providing teachers and books. You can also still take advantage of our matching gift challenge* and see your donation dollars go further.
We hope that you are enjoying the holidays, and thank you once again for all that you do.
* During LCNV’s matching gift challenge any new gifts or increase from your last donation will be matched by an anonymous donor up to $20,000, so your gift will have an even greater impact on LCNV learners. The maximum individual match is $2,500.